Monday, March 30, 2009

That will be how much????

First, let me start off by saying I am NOT weighing this Friday! We had two birthday parties this weekend which included pizza, hotdogs, and lots and lots of birthday cake, and I am still feeling sick from it today. Not to mention the fact that we ate at Hardees last night, the ONE place I really can't bring myself to eat at. Ironically, it was my idea to eat there last night! They make the best chicken sandwich, and for some reason I was thinking it would be nice to eat something wholesome(?)....what was I thinking???

Anyway, we head there for dinner and I checked out the money situation beforehand. I had $18, so I figured no problem, that will easily cover it. Gary and I got the chicken sandwich combos and Gabe had the chicken tenders kids meal for a whopping $17.48!!!!!! I could not believe this. We could have ate at Down on Main Street for $18!!!!!! And it wasn't even that good....that's the worst part. Then when we were sitting down eating we started to notice all the signs in the windows with the "specials". So we could have gotten the spicy chicken sandwich for $1, a sweet tea for $1, or a 2 piece meal for $2.99! We were totally scammed by just looking at the menu (which really does not even list most of the stuff they serve). We learned our lesson and next time will order off the window deals. I still can't believe I spent $20 on some fast food last night.

1 comment:

  1. You could have gone to the Golden Corral and had a better selection of food and stuffed yourselves for $18.00. Fast food may be fast, but it sure isn't cheap!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete