Thursday, March 19, 2009

There May be a Change in the Future....

Not all of you know what has been going on here lately, but to sum it up, I am in the middle of trying to get approved for a breast reduction. I had my initial consultation today, and things could go either way. In one breath I am the perfect candidate, but on the other hand I am missing some vital medical background info that might sway the decision the other way. While I have had back pain on and off for several years, I have never seen the doctor about this to get formal written documents. Also, I do not have the severe shoulder dents common to women with large breasts (from the bra straps). However, I have other measurements that look good on paper, and of course the horrific pictures speak for themselves. So, now it is up to the wonderful world of insurance to decide if I meet the qualifications to undergo this life altering surgery. The good news is I will find out in 3-4 weeks. The bad news is I really have a bad feeling this will not pass. If the letter says thanks but no thanks, I will simply try again after meeting whatever criteria they throw my way, and hope the 2nd time is a charm. I understand protocol involved, and I will follow whatever rules I need to follow. If things do by some miracle work out....I will be looking good just in time for the summer! ( I will have surgery in May, and be recovered in time for June) How amazing would that be? A bathing suit that actually fits????????? I won't know what to do! Everyone keep their fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment