Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A closet full of clothes and nothing to wear...sound familiar?


First I must report that I added an extra weigh-in this morning just to see what's what. Great news finally. Another 1.6 lb loss bringing my current weight to 186.8. This is especially great because I made a pact with myself that I could get my much needed pedicure when I hit 187. So yay......I'm there. I will still weigh Friday, so stay tuned.

Now the real reason for this blog: nothing to wear!!! Like most of my new mom friends, my closet is filled with pre-baby size 8's and 10's (yeah right!), maternity clothes (summer and winter), fat clothes (size 16's), and a handful of new items I have bought as the pounds have been coming off. Basically this amounts to a whole lot of nothing. I do have one pair of black pants and one pair of jeans that fit well, but nothing to pair them with on top. This last week really opened my eyes to this when I went to try and get dressed in the 80 degree weather. Plus to make things more complicated, not knowing what might happen with my surgery in the next few months, I hate to buy too many shirts and blouses. I was fortunate to get a 30% off coupon for Kohls this week, so I think I am going to head there this afternoon to see what I can buy for these transitional days. As long as I can get through the spring I will be ok...summer is a whole other story. If I would just lose all of this baby weight I would be in good shape since I have a complete spring and summer wardrobe just waiting and colelcting dust. Maybe one day, but for now I must face the truth and buy clothes to fit my current body-just like Stacy and Clinton always say!

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. A closet full of clothes and not a thing to wear. Fortunately, I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to drop all the weight and I have started taking those clothes that I will not wear again to Goodwill. It's time to face the ugly truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol u need to pass me your fat clothes!

    ReplyDelete