Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mr. Mom


Today I had to meet with my school group at Barnes and Noble to work on our discussion topics. It was pouring down rain, and I had tons of cleaning to do (as always on a Sunday) but knew I was committed to this meeting today. On the way home from our meeting I was thinking about how much I was dreading tackling all the chores I needed to do, plus spend a few hours working on my school work that will be due by tomorrow. I walk through the door and am pleasantly surprised to see that Gabe is still taking his nap. Time to get to work, or so I thought!
Gary had taken care of EVERYTHING for me! This is a list of what he did in the 3 hours I was gone: take the sheets of the bed and put them in the washer, put new clean sheets on the bed, finished washing/drying the sheets then starting a new load, unloaded the dishwasher/filled with dirty dishes, cleaned the garage, finished the second load and started the third, scrubbed the toilets, and vaccuumed the WHOLE house (including the bedroom closets!). There was nothing left for me to do! How did I get so lucky today? Also, I have leftover soup for dinner from last night, so I don't even have to cook dinner tonight! So that leaves me time for this blog entry and fun time to mess around with facebook. However, I do need to start my schoolwork, but when I am done with that I am done for the night. What a wonderful unexpected gift! See husbands-we don't want jewelry and flowers! We just want some good old-fashioned help around the house!

6 comments:

  1. that was a good blog. that was very thoughtful of gary... ESPECIALLY if he did all those things because he KNEW you needed to do them and he wanted to help.

    and bonus points to him if he did them all to a quality that didn't require you to "redo" any of them while he wasn't looking. (like... tuck the sheet corners in the right way... or fold the bedsheet again because he didn't do it the way you would have done it, or something like that.). now, what's for supper tonight?

    we're stuck at home today... snow again, but not good snow because it is too cold and windy and the kids are both too sick to get out in it. so we just have to sit inside ALL day and play. (usually we like to go outside or go to a store and get "out" some - but none of that today!) think i'll make pizza crust again. oh, and i have to cook a meatloaf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can hang in there a few more days it is looking like 70 degrees towards the end of the week! Also, I made a large pot of vegetable beef soup that we ate on all weekend-yummy!

    Yes, Gary scored major points, and he really did help me because he knew I was going to be doing school work all night! If he keeps this up, I will have no trouble shuffling between school, work, and Gabe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Gary. Is he the best or what!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Gary. Is he the best or what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know Gary, but I am SO impressed!! I always seem to come home with more things to do because Rob just piles things up :-p What a lucky girl you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea melissa you have four kids. its a little different. ;)

    ReplyDelete