Friday, March 6, 2009

Help!


Well, it's not good news for the day. It all started this morning when I went to weigh after an excellent week of working out and eating well. However, the results show that I lost 0 pounds. Yes, some of you optimists can say at least I didn't gain, and that it is definitely true. But, I worked my a__ off this week, and now I am bitter and disappointed. It's amazing how a simple digital number can shape my mood for the day. I was mean to Gary, and not overly affectionate to Gabe, so now I feel bad about that, too. Had the numbers been any lower and I would feel on top of the world. This is what really gets me, too. What if the scale is wrong and I am in this terrible mood for nothing? I did step back on the scale a second time just to make sure it was going to be the same again, and this time it gave me a number 3 pounds heavier! (of course I stuck with the first number). So my point is, I am an idiot to let this scale dictate my day and life for that matter especially when the results may not be 100% accurate. But that is what we do as women, and what we will always do. I am trying to focus on the fact that my clothes fit better, and I feel thinner, but that is still not enough for me!! I wanted to be able to see a weight loss this week!!!! Anyway, enough about this- there is another reason for this terrible mood I am in.

As you read before, I have been working with a group this month for my class. I absolutely hate working with groups, but I thought this time it will be different as we are all grown women now with the same ultimate goal: to do well in school. Apparently not. After our meeting Sunday, we had assigned each member a topic and assignment to complete. Everything had to be due by Thursday(yesterday), but we agreed to have it done Tuesday. So Tuesday comes and I have mine finished, while no one else does. No big deal. Wednesday comes and goes, still no work. Thursday I figure they will have it turned in, but I got online to check last night after Idol, and a section was still not turned in. I know some people literally wait until the last minute, so I went to bed thinking they would come through at some point. Uh...No!! I get to work, check my school email, and see an email from my professor asking where section 2.3 is?????? He had everything else but that section (another girl in the groups responsibility) and needed it turned in ASAP. I don't know where it is, but I do know this. Everyday it is late we lose 10 points, so now we are already at a ten point loss. Not to mention we have had 6 weeks total to work on this particular assignment. I am totally pissed off about this. Once you reach a certain age, I thought you were immune from this kind of stuff, but I guess not. I will be so glad to go back to the normal individual work for the next two assignments.

On a completely different note, Allison just informed me our health insurance premiums are going to go up 20%, along with co-pays, prescriptions, etc. And the rumor is we are going to be taking a 20% pay cut or get paid for a 32 hour work week vs a 40 hour week. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And it is Friday-normally the best day of the week!! I hate days like this, but hopefully I will get out of this rut by lunch time. The only silver lining to this day so far is today is the day I volunteer at the elementary school library. My new favorite thing. If those kids can't put a smile on my face by then, I am in serious trouble!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope your day got better! I agree with you about group work. I was probably the one everybody *wanted* to be in a group with because I would always just do it all. That was the only way I knew it was done and done correctly! Hopefully the girl responsible is okay -- though a valid excuse won't make it better, it might help.

    Hope you are having a great day now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure takes the cake for a lousy day. One thing good about a day like that, it can only get better. One look at Gabe's face and I know I'll be in a good mood for the rest of the day!! It will get better!!

    ReplyDelete