Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Was I Thinking?

It all started with the idea to make Valentine's for Gabe's class at school. No problem. I bought a cute stamp, some gift tags, and Charms lollipops to attach to each tag. Curl some pretty ribbon, and voila-an original Valentine for each kid in the class. I made 12 thinking there are 12 kids in his class.

A few days later a sign-up sheet for their Valentines party went up with a note stating that there are 19 kids in the class! What???? Gabe has been in this 2 year old class for 2 months now and I am just finding out there are 19 kids in that class? I guess since I drop him off and pick him up at funny times (8:15/4:30) I must miss these other kids. I do remember one day picking him up and telling his teachers I didn't recognize half the kids in the room. Anyway, the point is they informed of us of the 19 kids so we could bring party supplies for 19 kids. Gabe was sick the first two days the list was up, and from past experience I know those lists fill up fast. There is always one category that stays unfilled, though. The treat bags. It is easy to bring chips, fruit snacks, and mini cupcakes or cookies. It is not easy to bring treat bags filled with goodies for 12 kids, let alone 19!

Now this brings me to the crazy part. For some reason I felt the need to ask about the party list and what else they might need. Of course one of his teachers mentions they still need treat bags. So........I volunteered to bring them! I noticed there was still one more spot open to bring treat bags, so I thought that meant that me and another mom would split them in half. Uh no. It's just me. So now I have to make 7 more Valentines, plus 4 for his teachers, 2 for the lunch ladies (they are totally worth it!), and 19 treat bags!!!!!!!

This is crazy. I am in no mood to be creative with these, so I think I will head over to the Dollar Tree and see what I can come up with. Lesson learned. Always get to the sign up list first!!

2 comments:

  1. Luckily, two year olds are happy with most things! Check for multipacks (usually 24/pack) of playdoh or crayons. You can get them at Sam's or BJs. Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lucked out big time! CVS had all their Valentines and candy on sale, so I bought some really cute Valentines that come with stickers and tatoos (36 for only $2!!)plus the great big bags of candy were all half off. Then I used filler stuff from Dollar Tree (pencils, erasers, candy). Not too bad for such short notice!

    ReplyDelete