Friday, February 6, 2009

Big City

Well I am headed to the big city tonight, Charlotte. My brother called last night with the best news-he is coming to town (not really my town) for a job interview and wanted to see if we could come and meet him for dinner and hang out. So, of course, and now I am all packed and ready for a road trip. I haven't been to Charlotte since I was in college, so this should be fun. Not that we are really going to do anything but have dinner and hang out in the hotel, but it will be nice to get away for the night.

Except the leaving Gabe part. I am such a sappy wuss when it comes to leaving him!!! Other than a trip to see Billy Joel when he was 3 months old, I have never been away from him! I wish he and Gary could come with my mom and I, but Gabe is still getting over a stomach bug, and I hate to take him away from home when he is still not eating or feeling well. Maybe another time or another trip. Gary is going to do great with Gabe, so at least I don't have to worry about that. Until night time comes and it is "mommy, mommy, mommy"

Anyway, I am so excited to see John and hope his interview goes well. I try not to think about it too much, but it would be soooo amazing if he and his family could come east!!! Salt Lake is too far and we never get to see one another. And now with the kids (he has 2, Zach and Ella) it is even harder to not see them grow up knowing each other. I will just keep my fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. oh you know how much fun you have when'if its just you and gabe... he and his daddy need some time alone too! i'm sure they'll have a blast and when you get home, you'll probably be kinda sad they didn't miss you as much as you had hoped.

    that is what happens to me, anyway. :)

    i hope your brother can move here too. its been a long time coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to remove the first comment, I left a word out and it looked weird. Anyway, Emily and I had a great weekend. It is always great to see John and we had a fun road trip with a side trip to Kohls. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they get to move back this way.

    ReplyDelete