Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ready, Set, Diet!




I am ready to lay it all out there for everyone to see. This is by far my most ambitious blog, but a blog I feel is necessary. Maybe I feel motivated after watching The Biggest Loser last night, but whatever the reason, I am ready.

I have been dieting/losing weight/exercising pretty regularly since Jan 1st of last year. I can proudly say I have lost 21 pounds since then, but you do the math...that is not nearly what it could be. With all this extra weight there is no reason not to be losing no less than 3 pounds a month (and that is very lenient). That would total no less than 36 pounds. So what is happening? Easy. I have dieting extremes. I am either gung ho and determined, or slack off and eat whatever I want. I wouldn't call this yo-yo dieting, just back and forth. Anway, I can be really good for a long time, then something happens (birthday parties for example) and I get off track. Had I stayed on track all along, I would be a cool 165 ish pounds, not the (dun, dun, dun, )191 pounds I am today. Yes folks, I weigh 191 pounds. But let's put this in perspective. I weighed 212 when I got home from the hospital, and 225 at my heaviest 8 months pregnant. CRAZY, right?

Long story short, I have included 2 pictures from when I was my ideal weight of 150. This was when we first bought our house, and I was probably six weeks along with Gabe. I am not trying to get back to 150, but more like 160-165. That is totally do-able, it just will take some fine tuning. So for the last 4 weeks I have been keeping a food journal, and I really think it helps. I write EVERYTHING in it, including how I feel, when I messed up, what I ate and why. If anyone ever found this and read it I would be mortified! But it is helping and just in these last 4 weeks I have lost 5 pounds. Good start.

So the point of all this rambling is to put it out there for everyone to read which I think will help keep me on my toes. I weigh every Monday morning, so I will update the numbers accordingly. You guys should feel priviledged because even my own husband has no idea how much I weigh! And he never reads this blog, so no worries there. It is time to get this "baby" weight off and get my size back on track. I know I have always been a little on the bigger side, but this is just ridiculous!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about the weight. It will come off. If I had the choice to be thin or have Gabe, well you know the answer to that.

    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you can start posting all the wonderful new diet recipes you find.

    i just don't have the time to diet. i'm lucky if i get to eat.. much less PLAN to eat. i want so bad to do weight watchers, but it'd be waste of my money right now. i just don't have the time or forethought to commit to it! :(

    and so you feel better, i weigh more than you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i could do WW again, too. As easy as it is to follow and successful if you stick to it, I just don't have the time either. I am good about the food journal, but still that does not require counting points and looking up everything. Plus the money involved.

    ReplyDelete