Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recipe

I really have nothing to write about today, but I wanted to at least post something for the day. How about a recipe? This is for all you hardworking moms with very little time to prepare dinner-uhh..that just about covers everyone, right?!

This is an easy, delicious crock pot meal perfect for the winter (or whenever) and you can make it super healthy or just healthy!

Here goes:

Ingredients
1-2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 box Uncle Ben's fast cooking long grain and wild rice original flavor

All you need to do is turn the crock pot on low, add the chicken and 2 soups, mix it up, then go to work! Let it cook all day (8hrs) and when you get home mix it up again and shred the chicken up with a fork. Now just cook the rice and spoon the chicken mixture on top. Add a veggie and some rolls and voila-yummy home cooked meal!

We ate this last night, and I forgot how much I enjoy it! Also, it makes enough to have two dinners (for two people anyway!).

Try it
and see what you think!


7 comments:

  1. i recently found the bertoli's frozen dinner-for-two section in the grocery. so far the shrimp scampi is my fav.

    all you do is put it right in a pan and heat it for about 15 minutes. :) yum!

    (i'm lucky if i get to eat anything these days!)

    that does sound like a good recipe. i'm going to the grocery today, i'll buy that stuff and make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have put a name with it! I call it chicken and wild rice casserole. It is so flavorful. I LOVE those Bertolli meals. They are barely two servings, though. The stuffed shells are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dinner. So good, Ana had me go out and get more chicken to restock the pot.

    I think the next batch we'll add some mushrooms to the crock pot.

    Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it was a hit. Mushrooms would be the perfect addition- This is definitely a recipe you can make your own way and be creative with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily! This is Analee's sister, Melissa. Analee was telling me about your recipe. I thought I'd give you a spin. My family (to include the kids) love Mexican foods. I put my chicken in the crock pot and pour a big can of enchilada sauce on them and let them cook all day. Shred the chicken with your forks in the pot and serve either over rice or in shells instead of beef taco meat. Yummy! I am going to try your recipe soon! Thanks
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey - i did my sister's recommendation also (since i already had the crock pot out!)

    a pack of chicken breasts... the food lion brand can of enchilada sauce... cooked it all day, served it inside of tortilla for supper, ate it in a plastic container smothered in cheese for lunch the next day. i liked it better in cheese. i just love cheese. it was yummy. both ways were good. YUM!

    i'd think these meals would qualify for WW! especially since they make several servings out of just 3 chicken breasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so funny to get so many responses to a spur of the moment blog! I can't wait to try it with the enchilada sauce, some tortilla shells, and lots of cheese! I know this will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete