Monday, January 12, 2009

Homework

Ok, so here is what I forgot about going back to school. That awful feeling of knowing you have HOMEWORK every night. It is that nagging, guilty feeling you get when you want to watch the Golden Globes on TV, but you have to write your nightly essay on extremely complicated readings that you still haven't read. Welcome back to school!

This class is kicking my butt already. It is very reading/writing intensive which is completely different than what I experienced as a biology major. But, I am extremely organized and time savvy, so I should have no problem keeping up and staying ahead of things. Just a little rusty. Plus this time around I have Gabe who doesn't want his mommy on the computer all night when she could be playing "chase me". The tricky part is when he goes to bed at 8:00, the last thing I want to do is stay on the computer all night. Lucky for me I have a job that will allow me to get a head start each day for the night work at home!

Still, I am very excited about pursuing this degree and am totally committed to whatever it takes. Once I figure out the schedule I will be good to go. BUT.....American Idol is starting tomorrow, so I will really have to get motivated!

2 comments:

  1. It's a lot easier to go to school/study without children. Been there and done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i canNOT imagine going to school right now. not unless the kids were in daycare all day and i didn't have a job. good luck to you, i'm glad your job is such that you can sneak in a little school work during the day!

    ReplyDelete