Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2nd Birthday

Gabe celebrated his second birthday Jan. 1st 2009, and had a great time at his birthday party. It was a chilly Jan. day so our menu of soups and sandwiches was perfect. I can't believe how different he is this year compared to last year. He is such a big boy now! It was a great day with great friends and family.

Also, we had his 2 year appt. yesterday, and I am happy to report everything looks great! He weighed 28 lbs (got to weigh on the big scale which was a huge deal!) and measured at 33 inches tall. This is 3 inches taller than his last appt. at 15 months, but still puts him in the 25% for both height and weight. This seems small to me, but then I thought of a very good point. I am so used to hearing about kids in the 80-90th % that I forget about the norm. Gabe has always worn clothing appropriate for his size. I mean, he was never ahead or behind sizing. Like now he is 24 months and is wearing 24 monhs size clothes. So, HE is the one that is normal, right? Not that it matters, I could care less as long as he is healthy, but unfortunately his father's side of the family is obsessed with height and size. Anyway, like the Dr. said, what's important is that he has maintained that same 25% status since birth. So he is growing at his same pace which is wonderful. I am just so glad that he is doing so well and has stayed healthy (knock on wood) for so long. That was actually our first time back since he was 15 months old! Not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome. i tell you , there are benefits to being a steady 25%... rather than having a noggin' that is off the charts one week, further off the charts another week, and is now back closer to being on the chart! kendal has always been "at the top" for height and weight, but at his 15 month appt he was 50% weight and 75% height. made me think i wasn't feeding him enough. but, i think he is about to grow. noticed the other day he has a muffin top over his diaper when he sits down. that belly is a little pudgy. but, i'm sure it is just because he is about to sprout up again...

    glad gabe was well! he looks normal to me!

    ReplyDelete