Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday's thanks



Stamping has been on my mind today, so I am appropriately giving thanks to Stampin Up! Split Coast Stampers, Mojo Monday blog, and Analee for getting me started with stamping and helping me become the best stamper I can be. I am hooked. I have been since the first SU party. I am so grateful for the resources that are available for beginners like me because they give you the tools you need to get the creative juices flowing. Take Split coast, for example. Yes, I have the stamp sets, but no I don't always know what to do with them! A simple search on this site, and I am given countless examples of cards using the very products I own. Awesome! The same holds true for Mojo Monday. I use this blog as a template with which I base most of my card designs on. This blog even includes example cards of the various templates. Love it!

There is just something about stamping and making cards that I truly enjoy. It is calming, challenging, and rewarding all at the same time, and I love the feeling I get after coming up with something really clever and unique. I know this is a superficial thanks for the day, but I really am thankful to have stamping in my life! I hope that doesn't sound too pathetic! And maybe the people that receive my cards are thankful that I made them-

3 comments:

  1. i like the way that in less than an hour, you can create a work of art! i've always been creative, but the things i've created haven't always been so quick and easy! this is a great craft for a busy mom!

    you are very talented, emily! keep up the GREAT work!

    stamping is contagious! my sister got me hooked right after i moved back home! she scrapbooks (which i just can't do) but after she showed me about cards, well, lets just say that i've not stopped! i still can't scrapbook though. i have to do that on shutterfly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely neither a superficial nor a pathetic thanks! Being glad (and deservedly proud) of having something you enjoy doing, and is great! Sharing it (both in learning from and passing along to others) is also... I would also guarantee that the recipients are more thankful upon receipt because of the personal and creative additions resulting from you making it yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little pleasures in life that give you the most joy. You know you get those creative juices from me!!!

    ReplyDelete