Friday, August 7, 2009

Yes!

I won't go into all the sweaty, body crippling details, but I made it 3 times around this morning!!!!! I will not lie-it was the hardest thing I have done since I was in high school and had to run sprints for time before practice. But once I made it over that last hill, I knew I was ok. What an amazing feeling to cross the invisible finish line! I have had this runner's high all day, and I hope I remember the feeling next time I try for the three laps. Now I feel like I am finally a runner!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Emily! I like the picture choice, it's a good metaphor for the way running makes you feel like you belong in the cemetery b/c you feel so dead... But, like you said, sometimes you get that runners high, when you feel like you can run for miles and miles forever, and you see the progress that you've made... Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never got a runners high. except the hard-sleep that followed the run! :)

    good job em! can't wait for tonight. i'm gonna be so jealous of your skinny-ness!

    ReplyDelete