Monday, May 18, 2009

Potty update

Well, the girls are off the hook for now. I was informed last week that they actually owe two kids a potty certificate, they are just waiting to get new batteries for the camera. They did apologize and explained they had been having the worst week (toilet in the 2 year old room was broken and overflowing, one of the girls had to have her hours cut back, etc.). I agree, everyone has bad days but they should really try to keep it out of the classroom. I guess we are lucky in that we don't have to make excuses for our bad days, and we can act in any way we feel without having to keep up a front for 20 kids. I know it's a hard job, so I really try and give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he will receive his certificate soon, and it will all be water under the bride.

One last note: He used the potty 3 times each day over the weekend (morning, after lunch, and after dinner), had one accident in his Diego underwear, and had one small piece of poop in the potty yesterday! Big weekend. It was nice having two full days to devote to the process, so I am hoping he does as well at school this week. If he keeps up at this pace, maybe we can make a beach trip without diapers this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Water under the "bride". I hate it when I make those typos. Potty training sounds like it's really going well. A beach trip without diapers would be wonderful, not to mention all the trips to the pool.

    GO GABE!!!!

    ReplyDelete