Thursday, May 7, 2009

Go Diego, Go!

It is time to get serious about the potty training. Between our recent pay-cut, increase in health insurance premiums and co-pays, and uncertainty about the next fiscal year, Gary and I are cutting monthly costs left and right. We figured we are paying about $100-$160 in diapers a month between daycare and home. We can drastically reduce this with a little effort and creativity. Unfortunately Gabe's first use of the potty was a fluke, and have not had a similar experience since. I have enlisted two tactics that I think might help to get the ball rolling. There are two things Gabe is crazy about right now. One, Diego and two, Wonder Pets. Last week I bought him some Wonder Pets fruit chews, and I have been good about saving them for special occasions-like a special treat (except for this morning when I had to give him a pouch to get him out the door to school). Yesterday I picked up a pack of Diego "big boy" underwear that I think will help with the process. I have not quite figured out my plan of attack, but I am hoping between the reward process and his new underwear we have a chance for success. It would be so great to have him on the road to potty training by mid summer. The beach trips would be so much easier and more comfortable!! I think I will try with the underwear this afternoon....

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. you need to talk to my sister about potty training! she just got done with her son. took a while but rob was gone for some of the critical time. let me know if you want to and i'll get you two in touch. i know she'd be happy to share some "dos and donts"

    ReplyDelete