Monday, July 27, 2009

Weight update

In case anyone is wondering, here is the latest on my ongoing weight battle. After a week's vacation with my family, I added a few pounds and ended up back at 184. Not good. No problem, though, I was quick to get back on track and today I am at 179 again. Since the end of June (about a month) I have been running pretty much 3-4 times a week and each run is anywhere from 2-3 miles. I am totally loving this!!! I actually enjoy running and everything about me feels so much better. My clothes are fitting so well, and I have so much energy every day. Here is the problem. the scale is not moving!!!!! I have read about a million things saying this happens, and that muscle will weigh more than fat, especially at the beginning. But after a month, I would think things are settling down, and the weight should be falling off of me. I am trying to be patient, but I am getting so frustrated. I know weight is only a number, but I have at least 15 pounds to go still! Maybe my upcoming surgery will help me drop a quick 2 or 3 pounds. Oh yeah, in case you haven't heard....I am finally getting a breast reduction August 25th!!!!!! That will be a whole other blog for sure.

Anyway, so today I am at 179 again, hoping for better results next week. Here is what I don't get: before I got pregnant I weighed 150 and wore a size 12. Now I weigh just about 30 pounds more and wear a size 14. Actually my 14s are getting too big. Now explain that. I am almost back in old size 12s with 30 extra pounds on my body? Where is it?

1 comment:

  1. i've got some bad news for you chica! remember back when i lived in washington and i'd run almost every day - and that was for like 2 years? well, i never lost a pound. NEVER. not one single pound.

    i did drop clothes sizes, but my pounds never changed.

    i guess it is kind of like "a pound of feathers is the same as a pound of lead" - but if a pound of lead is only like 1 cubic inch, how large is the pound of feathers? like the size of a room?

    so, the lesson goes - weight and volume are two different things! you are loosing volume! and, that is really what you want, right?

    ReplyDelete