Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Birthday Goals

How cool is this cake? I should have thought of something like this (on a much smaller scale) for the 80's party! I have full faith that CJ will deliver something equally impressive though. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Anyway, the point of this blog is to list some very specific goals I would like to accomplish both before I turn 30, and during the year in which I am 30. I have been slowly reassessing my life and some of the things I would like to change with it. Now is the perfect time to address some of these things and to set a goal towards accomplishing them in the near future.

Before 30 (10 days)
1. Run 3 times around the graveyard. Those of you familiar with the graveyard can understand. One lap is 1.2 miles, 3 laps is just pure hell. But I have made it 2 1/4 times around already. That last hill is my Everest!
2. Weigh 177. This should not be too hard.
3. Have my final projects submitted and graded. Only one left waiting to be graded.
4. Clean the whole house before company comes next weekend.
5. Run the full 5k distance (3.2 miles) from the house. This involves running to the country club, back to Summerhaven Dr., and then back to my driveway. Almost there.....

While 30
1. Finish my masters degree. This will be close....
2. Run 5k in October in 30-33 minutes
3. Have my surgery!
4. Cut back on diet coke
5. Hopefully find a new job
6. Lose my last 15 pounds
7. Pay off hospital bills

Well, that's a start anyway. I think I can handle these goals, and maybe even accomplish extra goals as they come along. I am excited for this birthday, and I am equally excited to see what this next year may hold. I feel like this is my year to make some big changes before I head down the road to expanding our family. Instead of feeling dread for the big 3-0, I am feeling anxious to tackle the next year and the challenges ahead. (easy to say now, talk to me on 8/8/09!)

4 comments:

  1. your mom is right. i used to fear 30.
    BUT...
    30 is when i met my soulmate.
    30 turned out to be the beginning of the best decade ever.
    i had children in my 30s.
    i bought a home in my 30s.
    i got married in my 30s.
    i moved home in my 30s.

    hey so also, i had a "do before i turn 30" list. funny, one of the things on that list was "swim in the pamlico river" - remember that night i went to william's house to visit with you and gary? and i got in the river? CHECK!

    lol. i also had "ride a motorcycle" on that list but after i turned 30, i marked it off. i don't want to ride a motorcycle anymore.

    i would still like to run a half-marathon. but, i need to live somewhere a little more flat to practice. our 'hood is TOO hilly. :)

    here is a challenge: run the graveyard 3 times backwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. i was SO scared to get in the river. i thought a shark was going to eat me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that night! I never knew you were actually scared to get in the river!

    ReplyDelete